The Lark is dedicated to creating a welcoming, rigorous environment for playwrights to create stories that inspire us to think differently about the world. To accomplish this work, we strive to curate a creative, dedicated, flexible, and diverse team that embraces our mission and values, and our dedication to equity, access, and inclusion.
We strive to creating a work space that allows staff members to not only accomplish their specific job responsibilities but also engage in “big think” conversations about The Lark’s strategic objectives, our role in the field, and our impact on society.
The Lark is hiring a Finance Associate
Deadline to apply is December 17, 2017
The Lark is accepting applications for a Finance Associate who will work with the Director of Operations and the Lark team on general accounting duties including accounts receivable, accounts payable, month-end reporting, and maintaining electronic files and journal entries. This is a part-time position that provides the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team, and to learn more about not-for-profit operations in a unique theater company whose values of equity, access, and inclusion are core to its mission.
- Work with the Director of Operations and the Lark team on general accounting duties including accounts receivable, accounts payable, month-end reporting, and maintaining electronic files and journal entries.
- Provide administrative support for financial planning and tracking including assisting in assembling and tracking annual operating budget.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations to capture revenue/fundraising goals for the season and manage budgeting process for revenue and expenses to ensure a surplus budget is put forth to the board.
- Track bills and payments
- Reconcile monthly expenses and prepare quarterly reports
- Work with Development team to reconcile monthly revenue and understand whether they are within budget or over budget.
- Track and oversee restricted revenue and expenses
- Schedule Finance Committee meetings and budgetary meetings and support meeting prep
- Collect timesheet and paid time off data from Lark employees
- Be a part of The Lark team by participating in staff meetings, staff retreats, and celebrations, and serving the mission and values of The Lark through these responsibilities
Desirable Attributes and Interests
- Commitment to The Lark’s core values of equity, access, and inclusion and to creating and maintaining a welcoming and equitable environment
- Strong communication skills, especially as it relates to written communications.
- Strong work ethic and accountability
- Ability to prioritize tasks, handle multiple assignments and work both in teams and independently
Requested Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- A working knowledge of nonprofit finances
- Relevant experience in finances and administration, preferably 3+ years doing similar work
- Experience with Quickbooks accounting software is a plus
- Work is performed in an office environment and is sedentary in nature. The job will include talking, sitting, hearing, and repetitive movement associated with keyboarding.
- This is a part-time, 20-25 hour work week, non-benefit eligible position.
- $20-$22 per hour. Final offer will be based on experience.
Ideally February 1, 2018
How to Apply
Deadline to apply is December 17, 2017. Please send resume, cover letter that includes why you are interested in this position and The Lark and your commitment to equity and inclusion, and two references (name and email) in one pdf to email@example.com.
The Lark's Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
The Lark is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Equity, access and inclusion are core values at the Lark and we are dedicated to increasing the diversity within our staff as it enriches our work and our organization. We encourage candidates who identity as people of color, disabled, trans* or non-binary, and queer to apply. All applications will receive consideration for employment.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to be notified when we have a new open position.